Our team is growing at Evolution Home!
In 1999, Evolution Home began as a small antique shop in Alexandria, Virginia’s Del Ray neighborhood. We flourished and expanded to two retail spaces over the years.
In 2011, we moved our entire operation to a much larger venue on Richmond Highway, just one mile south of the Beltway, while also adding a home staging and furniture leasing company, Market Ready Staging Solutions. With the expansive new space, our business grew exponentially, thanks in large part to our loyal customers and dedicated staff.
The spring of 2022 saw yet another expansion, as we moved to a custom designed, much larger, 30,000 sq ft location in Alexandria’s West End neighborhood, conveniently located at 861 S. Pickett Street.
Because of this growth, we are hiring new team members as we continue to expand the Evolution Home team. We’d love to have you join us!
To apply for employment at Evolution Home, please complete this online form.
The Consignment Manager must:
- Prioritize effectively
- Pivot and adapt in an ever-changing work environment
- Have strong customer service skills that include diplomacy and tact when declining items
- Have a keen interest in vintage and antique furniture/items
- Be able to successfully work with and coordinate team members
- Be highly organized and detail oriented
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
The following skills are beneficial:
- Experience with Liberty software (consignment specific software)
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience with Canva
- In depth knowledge of furniture, art and/or rugs
Consignment Associate must have an eye for vintage décor and interior design. Our ideal candidate should have a keen interest in and knowledge of various eras, styles and collections. Ideal candidate must be available a minimum of 2 shifts, up to 4 shifts per week (10am-6pm). Hourly rate is negotiable commensurate with experience.
Other requirements the Consignment Associate must meet:
- Comfortable with computers and data entry
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and stay on task in a fast-paced environment
- Tactful and considerate when declining items for consignment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift or carry furniture
- Must have a smart phone